Friday 11 December 2015

Simply Tuesdays by Emily Freeman

Thoughts on “Simply Tuesday”

Ironically, I had a tough time getting through this book because it is such a busy time of year as I have been running at Mach speed for the past 3 weeks.

I was stuck by the words and phrases and streams of self-talk that Emily Freeman communicated. She is me in so many ways. It was refreshing to know that I am not the only one who creates a whole story of judgement out of someone’s innocent comment or casual glance.

The truth is, I need to stop thinking about listening to sage advice about my busy life and patterns of “over-whelmed” and I need to start doing new patterns that change my busy and over-whelmed into joy-filled moments that actually do matter.

I was inspired by her candid take on every moment being important. The small interactions counting for more than just a fleeting second, but actually being the building blocks of a significant life.

Thank you Emily Freeman for so eloquently stating the obvious that for whatever reason so often fails to be obvious!


No comments:

Post a Comment